Originally Posted by BGates14
I'm upgrading my mobo to a CrossHair, 5200+ amd x2, and 8800gtx.
My question is do I need to fully restore my old hard drive in order for it to work with the motherboard or can I just plug it in once I have everything connected and in my case?
That depends on your OS, i am assuming windows XP, in that case you will need to do a repair install of windows XP once you plug the drive in to the new system.
How to do a Windows Repair BY LambOfGod
1. Go into your computers BIOS and set your boot order to cd rom first (usually DEL key, or F1, F2,)
2. Put the XP CD in the drive and save and exit the BIOS
3. Press a key when you see the screen that says press any key to boot from CD (right after the POST)
4. let windows load its files
5. press enter,(not R you dont want the recovery console)
6. then press f8
7. then press R for repair
8. and let the repair process begin.
good luck man