Upgrading Graphics Cards

AirsoftG36c

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I have a question for ya. I'm currently running a Gateway desktop with an i3 processor and a DX9 graphics card. I'm a PC gamer, so obviously, I'd like better graphics. Is there any way I can get a DX11 or DX12 graphics card in there and still have the computer work? Will my monitor be able to handle it? What's a good, cheap graphics card that I can get?

If more info is needed to answer the question, I can provide it.

Thanks in advance

--G36c

Monitor has almost no bearing on it, likewise for the computer. The things you have to be prepared for are the power supply (can it deliver the necessary wattage/amps?) and the size of the case (will a new card fit?). The monitor can then be considered (what size is the monitor? Do you need a high end card to drive it or is it smaller than 24" and just about any mainstream card will work?)

And of course, price.

Also, there's no DX12. Yet. ;)

Really? No DX12? That's a dissappointment! The screen is just under 25 inches. The case is 14x4x11 inches.

As for the price, I don't really care, jsut as long as it's not the top one on the market. Not looking to spend a couple hundred on a graphics card.

What wattage is the power supply in that beast? You can also put your serial number into the Gateway website to pull the system vitals, or share it here if you don't mind us having access to it. Entirely up to you.

Based on what you're saying, you sound like you're in the range for a Radeon HD 6770 class video card.

Back
Top Bottom