Upgrading Graphics Card/PSU

EhjL0725

Beta member
About 2 months ago I made a post about how I should upgrade my graphics card and you guys were super helpful. Well after xmas, I'm ready to make my purchase. I just want to double check with you more computer savvy folks that there arent any glaring errors or if Im getting ripped off anywhere.

Here's my current PC if you need to check or know anything:
Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Tower: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
PSU: Newegg.com - FSP Group SAGA+ 400R 400W ATX12V Power Supply
Processor: Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor (not showing up on newegg for some reason)
GFX card: Newegg.com - XFX PVT95GZAFG GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card

Looking to upgarde to this Graphics Card: Newegg.com - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

And since that has a 450w requirement, and I only have 400w, this 500w PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CMPSU-500CX 500W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply

My budget is ~200$ and that comes to $195

Thanks in advance!

^ The 5770 draws less power than a GTS 450. Some of them don't even require an external power source. As far as performance, both have situations where they can outperform the other, but the 5770 is better for most gaming setups.

OP: in case you didn't know, that PSU is a shell shocker (AKA, extremely limited time) deal. Get it ASAP before they run out or the price goes up.

And as I read that its a limited time deal from that post I click on the link and see SOLD OUT sigh...

But I can get it on Amazon for a little more $ not a big deal. Just mostly making sure everything will be compatible or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom