upgrading a dell(lol) help please!!!

Um im not really into intel, ive only done a few intel builds, like 6
but usually for the most part mATX boards tend not to overclock well. you may be able to do it.
As for the AIW card, the AIW stands for all in wonder, these cards were made to be used in an HTPC, which is why they have a tv tuner, I personally use mine like a TIVO , the card has RF coaxial in, and ViVo
this means you can also record things like vhs tapes to DVD's and the picture on mine is superb, (40in high def) i run mine through the DVI input on the TV.
as for the price on that gigabyte Mobo, you pay for quality.

thanks man, i think you've sold me something. gotta get that video card, u used the word superb for the picture, gotta see exactly what superb is (lol) now for the boards, which one would you get out of the three you spoke of? the gigabyte has the good onboard video which shouldn't matter being im getting the "superb" card right? So should i go with the boistar?

it doesnt really matter, its really a personal preference, I dont use biostar that much but I like the quality of machspeed things, and plus dont forget the rebate on the machspeed pushes the price down to 31 somthing with rebate. hopefully you get what your looking for in that vid card, I know I did, If your gonna use that as a TIVO then I would definitly get a large HD later on down the road.

the thing about the tivo though that i don't understand is how would that dvi output from the card be an input for tivo, or am i just missing something? hate to bother you with retarded questions, just a newbie trying my best to learn more about computers and build a media center type thing

missed it completley

what i mean is using your COMPUTER AS A TIVO! not to sound harsh, but run the RF coaxial wire from from sattlelight/cable box into the Rf input on the Card. that way you can watch your cable/sattlelite on the computer using ATI tv which is included. and in ati tv there is a record button, you press the record button before your show,you watch the show, you hit stop in ATI tv and bang.. you have your show saved on your comp for you enjoyment, and you can do what you will with it.
thats what I meant by Tivo

Back
Top Bottom