Upgrading Cpu. Will it work?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Um, I have, ugh, a bad brain for one, a LGA775 Mobo. And I have a Pentium D 2.80Ghz. I'm going to Upgrade to a Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93Ghz.

The question is:

If I get my new CPU, Will I hav eto reinstall everything, or is it just like getting a new graphics card, (plug in and play).

My brain is driving me crazy, before I forget, I want to post somthing else to see if it was a good idea.

I hav ean ancient Dell 4500 in my room, the mobo uses a Socket 478 Pin CPU, my question is, how cool would it be to throw in a Core I7 and have the worlds cheapest built gaming rig?

I'm pretty sure that as long as you're using the same motherboard you won't have to reinstall the OS.

You should be able to put the core 2 in the 775, but I'd make sure your bios (or one that's new for the board) supports it first.

Um, I have, ugh, a bad brain for one, a LGA775 Mobo. And I have a Pentium D 2.80Ghz. I'm going to Upgrade to a Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93Ghz.

The question is:

If I get my new CPU, Will I hav eto reinstall everything, or is it just like getting a new graphics card, (plug in and play).

You shouldn't need to re-install the OS.

I hav ean ancient Dell 4500 in my room, the mobo uses a Socket 478 Pin CPU, my question is, how cool would it be to throw in a Core I7 and have the worlds cheapest built gaming rig?

You serious right? The i7 is a 1156 or 1366 pin device that simply wont fit let alone work. And the Socket 478 chipset simply wouldn't utilise the i7 CPU.

Back
Top Bottom