Upgrading Cpu Which Cpu Should I Buy?

NorcalFooter

Beta member
VIDEO Editing! Whats more important? Clock Speed? Cache? Ram? Quad vs duo?

Hey all im thinking of upgrading my cpu but im not sure what cpu i should get... I do alot of video editing at home using Premire adobe elements 4.0 and on my current set up it runs a lil slow especailly while rendering media into a different format so later i can upload to the net.....there's so much to consider whats my prioritys win considering a new CPU FOR EDITING? Is clock speed more important? or is mb's of L2 cache more important? 45mn vs 65nm? duo vs quad? I read that for editing you want quad over duo is this true? and why? ive seen some duo's with faster clock speeds then quad's? dont i want the fastest clock speed? is a quad with a slower clock speed better than a dou with a faster clock speed for EDITING? Im very confused on which stat is more important for what i want........CAN ANYONE HELP?

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6700 2.67 GHz, P5N-D MB, 2000GB RAM DDR2, 9800GT 512mb, 500gb hard dirve, 500w powersuply

I'm sure your E6700 is up to the task. It looks like you're a bit short on memory. Photo editing and media rendering tend to run faster with larger amounts of memory. You might want to look into upgrading to at least 4GBs or more before upgrading the CPU.

i was told that its harder to mix and match memory and if i wanted to id need to go to cpu-z and download some software then run that software and use the specs to determine what ram i should buy......is all this neccessary or am i better of just getting all new memorry......i dont want to spend alot

It really isn't that hard to get the correct memory. Using CPU-Z will tell you what memory you currently have. That will allow you to purchase more of the same type and speed. You really don't need to worry about brands so much as long as the specs are the same.

so you dont think its worth the cpu upgrade......if i did upgrade what specs should i be more concerd with clock speed, cache, or quad verse duo in regards to editing.....

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6700 2.67 GHz, P5N-D MB, 2000GB RAM DDR2, 9800GT 512mb, 500gb hard dirve, 500w powersuply
:eek:

You might want to look into upgrading to at least 4GBs or more before upgrading the CPU.
:confused:

ROFL

AR is correct about more memory, if you have Vista x64 for your OS 8GB of DDR2 (two kits of 2*2GB dual channel modules) would be the way to go, DDR2 is reasonably cheap these days and your board does indeed support 8GB.

Lol Folder, nice catch.

2 Terabytes of RAM eh? Sounds good enough to me ;)

Helluva typo.

Back
Top Bottom