pike8

In Runtime
this is my current configuration:

MBO: Asrock 939NF4G-SATA2
CPU: Athlon 64 3200+ sck.939 Venice
RAM: 1 GB Kingston ValueRam PC3200
VGA: Palit GeForce 7600GT
HDD: 160 GB Hitachi SATA

i am considering upgrading to 2 GB of RAM, so i would like to know what are the real benefits of upgrading?

and another question - is there a big difference between my RAM and Kingmax SuperRam, because if i decide to upgrade
i think it's better to sell this RAM that i have, and buy 2x1 GB modules of Kingmax SuperRam (i can't find Kingston
in any store, that's why i ask this).

Hey, 2GB is better then 1GB ;).

It really depends on what you are doing with your computer. You will notice big difference if you do video editing or some crazy photoshopping. You will also notice a fairly substantial difference in gaming with the latest game. And it is a must to go to 2GB if you decide to move up to Vista.

As for the Kingmax SuperRam, just compare the speeds and latency timings of the RAM you have now with the SuperRam. And compare the price you can get.

A couple questions for you. How many RAM slots do you have in total and is that 2x 512MB or just one stick of 1GB? If it's just one stick then you might be better off selling it and buying the new RAM so you can get the benefits of dual channel.

@Starr: i have one module of RAM and four slots on my mainboard. me too think that it would be better to sell this one and buy 2 same modules in order to ensure that they work properly and of course to get the benefits of DC.
about latencies; i've red somewhere that the default latencies for this kingmax superram are 3.4.4.8, but that it normally works @ 2,5.3.3.8 (however, dunno on which frequency). and here are the latencies of my kingston: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9106/latencyyt0.jpg (these are not the default ones, i lowered them, but i can't remember the default values:)).

@mammikoura: i live in bosnia and herzegovina, and it's not so easy to find everything you want here. as for ebay and other similar services, it's very hard (almost impossible) to order something because my country isn't part of the paypal system.

Yeah I'd sell the current ram, and then get either 4x 512 or 2x 1gb of what ever decent ram you can find. If the mobo supports faster ram then of course get the fastest possible, I'm guessing that the max it supports is ddr400.

Back
Top Bottom