Upgrading

rtsgeek

Beta member
Im new to upgrading computers and quite unexperienced. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with a question. I'm 16, a gamer, and i have a 7 dollar an hour job. I also have a laptop I would like to upgrade. I want to upgrade it so that im able to play ANY game that is out, or that will come out in the near future. So if you could tell me the best possible solutions to upgrades on a laptop for a gamer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, rtsgeek.

first of all, never try to upgrade a laptop unless its only ram you're needing or a higher CPU but non of the above can help you play all da games that is out.

Either get a new laptop or a new desktop, desktops are cheaper and more powerful. suggest systems based on AMD CPUs, much better for gaming.

GreenOrion said:
first of all, never try to upgrade a laptop unless its only ram you're needing or a higher CPU but non of the above can help you play all da games that is out.

Either get a new laptop or a new desktop, desktops are cheaper and more powerful. suggest systems based on AMD CPUs, much better for gaming.

Make sure it is a 64-bit processor for future usability.

Laptops are extremely hard to upgrade graphically. I suggest that you buy a new lap top if thats what your into, otherwise i'd advise you to sell your laptop and get a cheap desktop with a great graphic card and processor. If you give me a budget that your thinking of if you decid eto get a desktop please post it.

ive got an old laptop - toshiba tecra 8000 pentium 2 266Mhz. is it easy to upgrade the processors, ive found some cheap 1s. will it be compatible with a p3 1 ghz cpu?

Back
Top Bottom