Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-26-2005, 02:02 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Upgrading

Im new to upgrading computers and quite unexperienced. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with a question. I'm 16, a gamer, and i have a 7 dollar an hour job. I also have a laptop I would like to upgrade. I want to upgrade it so that im able to play ANY game that is out, or that will come out in the near future. So if you could tell me the best possible solutions to upgrades on a laptop for a gamer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, rtsgeek.

rtsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Solid State Member

Default Re: Upgrading

first of all, never try to upgrade a laptop unless its only ram you're needing or a higher CPU but non of the above can help you play all da games that is out.

Either get a new laptop or a new desktop, desktops are cheaper and more powerful. suggest systems based on AMD CPUs, much better for gaming.

GreenOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOrion
first of all, never try to upgrade a laptop unless its only ram you're needing or a higher CPU but non of the above can help you play all da games that is out.

Either get a new laptop or a new desktop, desktops are cheaper and more powerful. suggest systems based on AMD CPUs, much better for gaming.

Make sure it is a 64-bit processor for future usability.
SilentScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
In Runtime

Laptops are extremely hard to upgrade graphically. I suggest that you buy a new lap top if thats what your into, otherwise i'd advise you to sell your laptop and get a cheap desktop with a great graphic card and processor. If you give me a budget that your thinking of if you decid eto get a desktop please post it.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
In Runtime

ive got an old laptop - toshiba tecra 8000 pentium 2 266Mhz. is it easy to upgrade the processors, ive found some cheap 1s. will it be compatible with a p3 1 ghz cpu?
ati005 is offline   Reply With Quote