Upgrades for eMachines T1100

Based on how old the system is, I'd just assume it would use a 40pin IDE interface (ribbon cable). It would make no sense to buy an IDE drive for a rig that you do not know how long it will last. Buy a USB DVD drive if anything.

Based on how old the system is, I'd just assume it would use a 40pin IDE interface (ribbon cable). It would make no sense to buy an IDE drive for a rig that you do not know how long it will last. Buy a USB DVD drive if anything.

Sata drive with a usb enclosure. That way, he can have an internal drive after a rebuild.

Well I can get cheap DVD drives from Ebay or maybe if I keep looking they might sell one for $4 at Goodwill. I know in the past they had some older CD ROMS so I' am pretty sure they will get a DVD drive for older machines. I also once saw for $10 a DVD burner and CD Burner combo drive.

But basicaly all together with ram, video and cd drive it will cost some money.

Well I got this machine as a gift from my dad years agao. I was 16 I think that time since right now I 'am 25 but I really liked this machine alot. I had it around end of 2001. My dad paid around $450 for it back then. So I didn't really actualy paid for this machine.

Gift or not, it's old. And you might spend half of what it would cost you to buy a new machine in upgrades for that. Save your money, and build a new one. That's my final word on that.

Keep your eyes open for those deals and jump on them when you see them. Getting used parts at a great price would be to way to go if you're not going to get a new system.

Well I got this machine as a gift from my dad years agao. I was 16 I think that time since right now I 'am 25 but I really liked this machine alot. I had it around end of 2001. My dad paid around $450 for it back then. So I didn't really actualy paid for this machine.
Just for kicks, I decided to do the math.

Thats about 14 cents a day. I think the investment is paid off. Thank your dad and buy a new PC.

Well I guess I could ask this but back in 2001 was the Intel 3D Direct AGP video card I had was good? Or was it not that good even back then? Was 32mb video ram good back then? Also I really think it's weird that even my motherboard supports AGP2X it doesn't have an open slot so you can add a AGP2X card. Why do you think they made the onboard video card have AGP? I thought many years agao that my machine was special since it had a special onboard AGP card and I thought it was great card compaired to PCI.

Back
Top Bottom