Upgrades for eMachines T1100

Well I do want to play The Sims 2 better and UT 2004 also. I might need to get a GeForce FX series but just hope that the power supply will work for it. Since I don't think I can get a better one since this power supply seems to be alot smaller than normal sized ones plus the fan sticks out.

Can you give me a list of cards that will work on 150 watts power supply?

Right now I can't really give you a price range so that's why I want to see what will work and that is better than the card I have now.

My GeForce MX4 (which was PCI) almost maxed UT'04 and that PSU was 200w.
That was my Gateway300L Slim.

Look, you really just need a new rig.

I don't think a Celeron at 1GHz is going to run UT04 that well, I mean barely run it at all.

Make a new thread when you have a budget ready. I can guaruntee you that there are better cards than the geforce mx that will work with a 150w power supply.

Well all my games run at 16 bit color right now and they run fine. Like UT 2004 plays fine with lower settings with just few lags here and there. Quake 3 Arena play great on Normal settings but kinda laggs on high setting. It seems that this card is made for to set on 16 bit color. But that is normal for 32mb cards since most cards I remember that had 32mb is similar.

But I guess will upgrading the system ram first be better or the video card? Since right now I have 256mb of system ram. As I said it can go upto 512mb total.

Truthfully, I would suggest saving your money and buying a new system. Upgrading the memory to 512MB and adding a PCI video card will help, but in the long run you would be better served with a newer system.

Isn't that what I've said in at least three posts now? I guess it's hard to drive these things home.

You can buy a new rig for about 400 these days. You could also build one for about 250-300, but I'd suggest getting your lern'd on so you can get a better understanding of how it all comes together.

Well do you remember that I said original I want to keep this machine until the motherboard fails? Until then I will do my best to upgrade it and add more ram etc. Now I noticed that there is a led that I can open where the floppy disk is located but I also noticed something that looks like the face can come off and I would assume thats were you add a new CDROM drive. I should get a DVD player for it since it only has a CD Burner on this machine. Or I can even get a DVD burner so it can burn DVDs. But I don't really burn DVDs at all but I guess I can use that drive for data backup.

Ya looks like I need money big time to upgrade. I think I need to go one by one. Like start with video card, DVD ROM so I can install games that are in DVD format.

This is the lid I am talking about and looks like I can add a new CD drive.

Picture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom