Upgrades for eMachines T1100

So are you saying that even the GeForce card is slow PCI bus it's still would be better than the faster AGPX2 Intel card I have? So does that mean any PCI card even the lower end ones still are better than the AGP2X Intel card? Or are you saying that only the GeForce 9500 GT PCI is better than the AGP card and others that are cheaper PCI cards are not as good as the Intel AGP2X card onboard this machine?

I've researched this a little since I answered your Q's yesterday.

Despite the slow PCI bandwidth the PCI GPU recommended by Foothead and Atomic Rooster will perform better than the 810i on board GPU your currently using. See the 810i GPU is a very simple on-board solution and is easily bettered by PCI cards simply because of the better GPU core and it's own memory.

So forget the bandwidth speeds of AGP/PCI here. The 810i on board GPU is no match for the 9500GT with its 512MB RAM.

Ok but what about lower end PCI video cards like GeForce 4 series or FX series or even the GeForce 2 series video cards? Is my onboard video card better than the lower end PCI cards? I would assume it would be better than the affordable video cards. I was thinking that maybe the AGP2X card I have is better than the GeForce 2,3 or 4 even FX.

I mean the AGP card I have must be better than GeForce 2 series at least.

Update:

Also I found out that the video card I have has 32mb and so does that mean that my video card is good as GeForce 3 or 4 MX series? Since I know that the FX series has 128mb or more.

Or is it better than the GeForce 3 or 4 series since it's AGP instead of PCI in this case? Meaning if there are two cards that are 32mb then the AGP ones are better than any PCI 32mb cards.

You would be better off using colored chalk on the sidewalk than using the onboard Intel DirectAGP 3D graphics.

Once again, you do not have a video card. It is a graphics chip that is built into the motherboard. There is no GPU. It solely relies on the CPU for it's graphics processing. It only supports DirectX 6.3, whereas new games require at least DirectX 9.0c to operate properly.

Also I found out that the video card I have has 32mb and so does that mean that my video card is good as GeForce 3 or 4 MX series? Since I know that the FX series has 128mb or more.

Or is it better than the GeForce 3 or 4 series since it's AGP instead of PCI in this case? Meaning if there are two cards that are 32mb then the AGP ones are better than any PCI 32mb cards.

When you get a PCI graphics card you want one with a bit of memory so it can keep textures locally. You don't want it to start shifting the textures over the PCI interface. That said I don't think 32MB is enough these days and the extra RAM you'll get on the PCI card will free up resources.

Whats your budget for this graphics card?

So my AGP card it not even good as GeForce 2 series that has 32mb? or GeForce 3 Series that also has 32mb? Or is my card better than both GeForce series since it's AGP speed. I though that since I have AGP my card would be better even it doesn't have alot of ram or best GPU since PCI is slower. I would think it would be better than GeForce 2 series I mean seriously.

Hmmm interesting your post came in before me. You must of typed the reply before me. But eather way is any PCI GeForce 2 series that has 32mb not good as my AGP2X card? I mean at least it should be better than that low end card I assume.

When you get a PCI graphics card you want one with a bit of memory so it can keep textures locally. You don't want it to start shifting the textures over the PCI interface. That said I don't think 32MB is enough these days and the extra RAM you'll get on the PCI card will free up resources.

Whats your budget for this graphics card?
Since my eMachines is 8 years old I usualy play older games so isn't 32mb enough for that? I play like The Sims 2 game and Quake 3 Arena etc and they work. For Quake 3 I can set it to normal and plays fine but for The Sims 2 I set it to the lowest so I can get the best performance. The other game UT 2004 it auto detects the settings I need to play right for my system.

Since my eMachines is 8 years old I usualy play older games so isn't 32mb enough for that?

Depends on what old games they are.

I play like The Sims 2 game and Quake 3 Arena etc and they work. For Quake 3 I can set it to normal and plays fine but for The Sims 2 I set it to the lowest so I can get the best performance. The other game UT 2004 it auto detects the settings I need to play right for my system.

This does confirm that the graphic capability is lacking somewhat because you can't enjoy the games at high settings. A decent GPU will allow you to play the games at higher settings.

Ok I got that part now my other question I was wondering that you haven't answered yet is is my AGP card like or better than the PCI GeForce 2 series that has 32mb? Or is it like the GeForce 3 series that has 32mb? I' am just seeing what type of video card is my AGP compairable to. I would assume it's at least or better than the GeForce 2 series right since mine has AGP2X instead of a PCI GeForce 2 series.

Also I was wondering about this but if I add two 256mb ram and go upto 512mb max will my video ram go upto 64mb? If so then would my video card be like the GeForce 4 MX series? Since I know that the 4 MX series has 64mb same SDRAM type ram. But then I have to remember that I' am compairing a AGP card to PCI card so maybe the PCI version of GeForce 4 MX series isn't as good if my video ram went upto 64mb. But if it only stays at 32mb then I think it would be better than the GeForce 2 series for PCI version right?

Basicaly eather way my AGP card is better than the GeForce 2 Series for PCI right when compairing to other 32mb SDRAM type.

But I thought since my card was AGP2X it was alot faster so I thought at least it would be better than the GeForce 2 series. Is AGP2X not that much difference from PCI then? Since if that's the case then probley the GeForce 2 would be better. The only reason why I would think my AGP is better is since it's AGP and it's faster then PCI cards. I can give an example of what I was thinking but for example a car is made to go max speed of 100mph and you just change the speed meter and add one that can read speeds upto 160mph. Now no matter how fast you go you can only go 100mph so even if the meter says it can read upto 160mph it will never go that fast.

So like that I thought AGP2X was alot faster so even if you get a nice video card it still will only run at 133mb PCI not 500mb like my AGP2X.

Back
Top Bottom