Upgrades for eMachines T1100

You know, if you want to sit here and make 10 pages of arguments with us debating with us whether or not we are correct, why don't you just go try whatever you want yourself--or try whatever that good-for-nothing computer guy is trying to convince you to do. If your PSU decides to let go, don't say we didn't tell you.

Buy a new computer and let it be the end of this.

This is very interesting but it seems like my eMachines T1100 was a step up from the T1090 model. I notice the only difference is that the T1090 has a 900mhz processor instead of 1 gHz like mine. Also it was around $400 after mail and rebate but you might of been able to get it for less. The one I had was around $500 after mail and rebate but my dad got it around $450 or it might of been less since he gets them in a good deal so that's good. I guess probley the reason my dad didn't get me the T1090 is since I think he wanted me to have a machine that was at least 1gHz since my other older PCs were like 700mHz or less that time. Also I had Windows ME before I had the eMachines T1100 desktop PC.

After a year my moms best friend friend gave me a free Sony PCG-R505ESP laptop since Tom's friend passed away. I know that Toms said this Sony laptop was top of the line at that time and it costed around $4,500 back then. One thing about his friend is that he always buys everything top of the line and also has a ton of money.

So I still have the Sony laptop and the eMachines and I' am taking good care of it.

Come of think of it my dad could of got me the 900mhz since that was cheaper plus my dad didn't have much money but he knew I play games so he got me the 1gHz machine instead of the 900mhz which was the cheapest you can get for a system that had Windows XP.

I noticed that the processor is upgradeable but I wounder what is the best CPU I can replace with with the current 1gHz processor. I wondering if any Pentium 4 can work or maybe a 1.5gHz Celeron processor.

^ please listen to the FOURTEEN YEAR OLD. (no Holysky, that was not a put down towards you if you understand the way that I said it. I applaud you).

Ok guys just because a PC is old doesn't mean it's bad. I can tell you that any PCs today in 8 years later will be old too you know so please do not say old stuff is garbage or something like that. I might of took it wrong from what you guys are trying to say it but it just seemed like that's what you are saying about older computers.

Ok guys just because a PC is old doesn't mean it's bad. I can tell you that any PCs today in 8 years later will be old too you know so please do not say old stuff is garbage or something like that. I might of took it wrong from what you guys are trying to say it but it just seemed like that's what you are saying about older computers.

Sorry, but that pretty much is what we are trying to say. Your computer was low-end even when it was new. Of course it cannot keep up with newer games, it was not even designed for that. It is designed for things like web browsing, word processing, etc.

Even the lowest-end modern day computers could destroy it. Shoot, an atom PC would be faster.

And I am not saying that being old means the computer is garbage, but you cannot expect them to compare to modern computers.

Think of it this way: if I wanted my atari 800 or a Commodore 64 to run Quake II, I would be pretty crazy. This is in essence, what you are attempting. Sure I can upgrade it, but in the end, I still have an atari 800/commodore 64, and it will still be crap compared to today's computers.

Sorry, but that pretty much is what we are trying to say. Your computer was low-end even when it was new. Of course it cannot keep up with newer games, it was not even designed for that. It is designed for things like web browsing, word processing, etc.

Even the lowest-end modern day computers could destroy it. Shoot, an atom PC would be faster.

And I am not saying that being old means the computer is garbage, but you cannot expect them to compare to modern computers.

Think of it this way: if I wanted my atari 800 or a Commodore 64 to run Quake II, I would be pretty crazy. This is in essence, what you are attempting. Sure I can upgrade it, but in the end, I still have an atari 800/commodore 64, and it will still be crap compared to today's computers.

Yup. What he said. It's like trying to overhaul a horse and buggy. At the end of the day, you stick have a fackin horse and buggy.

Well my dad didn't have much money to get me top of the line desktop PC back then even today. Also I was happy that I had a new computer that time and it was at least 1 gHz of speed compaired to my other used ones I had that were 700mhz or slower. Also right now I' am in a very tight budget so I can't afford even close to $400 to get a new desktop PC. Of cource if I had all the money I needed I would by now upgraded to a more current desktop and laptops PCs. But since I don't have money in fact I been selling alot of my stuff lately since I need some money to upgrade my current desktop PC. Also if my PC still works then that's what it matters. But maybe in the future I can save enough to get a newer used PC or so.

You just answered your own damn question. You said "if my PC still works then that's what it matters" (nice grammar, btw). Which means, USE IT AS IS AND STOP TRYING TO THROW YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DAMN DRAIN. If you are saving up for a new computer, stop trying to find ways to blow it on this piece.

Well my dad didn't have much money to get me top of the line desktop PC back then even today. Also I was happy that I had a new computer that time and it was at least 1 gHz of speed compaired to my other used ones I had that were 700mhz or slower. Also right now I' am in a very tight budget so I can't afford even close to $400 to get a new desktop PC. Of cource if I had all the money I needed I would by now upgraded to a more current desktop and laptops PCs. But since I don't have money in fact I been selling alot of my stuff lately since I need some money to upgrade my current desktop PC. Also if my PC still works then that's what it matters. But maybe in the future I can save enough to get a newer used PC or so.

Nobody is trying to say that you are less of a person or anything because you don't have a super fast insane computer or something. We are just trying to help you understand that by upgrading your current computer you are basically wasting your money. If you save the money you are trying to spend on upgrading the one you have and put it towards getting a new computer you will be much better off in the long run. The money you are looking to spend on a Power Supply, graphics card, and CPU, for that thing is probably about half of what it would cost to build a much better computer. If you are not into building a computer believe me you can get a much better computer for about what it would cost to get that thing even close to functional for today's uses. Look for a little more than you plan on spending on upgrades you can get something like this which would be huge improvement over your current computer. MUCH BETTER THAN UPGRADING YOURS

Back
Top Bottom