Upgrades for eMachines T1100

I did see that the GeForce FX series needs 250 watt power supply so if something like this needs 250 watts how can an GeForce 8500 series work on this 150 watts power supply since it seemed like those needed 350 watts. I want the best video card that will work and not fry the power supply since if I distroy this supply I don't know where I can get a new one that is better than 150 watts so it will work for the video card. Would ATI Radeon cards use less watts or are they the same?

I did see that the GeForce FX series needs 250 watt power supply so if something like this needs 250 watts how can an GeForce 8500 series work on this 150 watts power supply since it seemed like those needed 350 watts. I want the best video card that will work and not fry the power supply since if I distroy this supply I don't know where I can get a new one that is better than 150 watts so it will work for the video card. Would ATI Radeon cards use less watts or are they the same?

Pay attention to your own thread. Man.

The x1300 I posted will work, and is most likely your best bet. PCI 8500s are extremely hard to find nowadays.
That card says it needs a 300 watt power supply. Are you sure that will work on 150 watts? Will I be pushing it to the max if I had this card? I just hope in the long run my power supply won't burn out because of this card. I do see that they sell the same power supply for this machine when I type the model number of my PC but they cost $60 so it would cost me alot if I have to replace the same power supply just becaues the video card used too much power. I' am in a very limited budget so I want to be very sure that something like the X1300 will work. Have you tested a higher end card like this on a system that has a power supply that was like around 150 watts?

I mean if you know forsure this card will work then that would be great but I just need to make sure. Don't want to push it too hard though.

Pay attention to your own thread. Man.
Oh so there is a power supply that will fit on my machine and that has more watts. I thought that my power supply was specialy made for this machine only.

But even if I didn't upgrade to 350 watts would it of still worked with 150 watts?

I had an x1300 pro on a 200w PSU with a P4 rig, which consumed more power than yours. It should work.

EDIT: Same rig is now using a HD 4670.

If you wanna be 100% sure, give me a model number for the PSU and/or the +12v amperage.

Heres a pic of what the power supply says.

Picture043.jpg

But it said max is 150 watts isn't that what tells you how many watts? Since the past power supplys I seen they always says like max is 250 or max is 150 so this should be a 150 watts supply.

They kinda cheat. There is only 4 amps on the +12v rail (the only one that really matters here) so they added the wattage of all the other rails.

Cheap power supplies do that sometimes. Despite what the label says, your psu is 48w.

Back
Top Bottom