Upgrades!

you are choosing a "K" version of the I5 and a motherboard based on the B85 chipset.
Not a good mach. The B85 chipset does not support overclocking. So there is really no point in getting the K version if you are gonna use that board. you should chose another motherboard

It's not just better then a standard I5 for overclocking. The non "K" version has overclocking abilities turned OFF, but the K has them turned ON. that's the only difference. even though overclocking is a pretty big deal. To me overclocking support is a deal maker or breaker. If it can't overclock, then i am not gonna buy it.

If you are not an overclocking and the non K version is cheaper, then get the non K version.
but if it's the same (or ruffly the same) price, then get the K version and buy a motherboard with an OC supported chipset.
OC enabled chipsets does not cost more. You never know if you are gonna end up overclocking anyway.

I'm just too lazy to overclock like i have a a chip right now that im sure i could over clock am i going to most likely not

I would say whether yu OC or not, making the parts as compatible as possible is the best way. So in your case get a motherboard that supports overclocking or a CPU that doesn't.

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom