Upgrades

PsychSwirl

Beta member
Hi,
I am new to the forum and I joined because I need some advice. I got a custom built rig with Intel Core2 Quad on the ASRock 4Core1600-GLAN motherboard. The processor is running at 2.5GHz and after a long period of hard use the cores each run at around 40 Degrees Celsius. I have an NVidia GeForce GTS 250. I have glycol cooling on the processor the graphics card and another area on the motherboard. (I don't really understand much and I am looking to learn) I am currently running Windows 7 64 bit with a few virtual machines with various Linux Distros. I have a 1tb HDD and I am using the Edimax EW-7612PIn PCI card for network. I see this computer as a bit of a project. I know the man who built it and he will be able to teach me how everything works.
I am looking to learn some more and I am also looking to upgrade. I wanted to know what people thought the best upgrades would be for my motherboard, processor, graphics card and RAM would be. Also any tips on the cooling mechanism would be nice.

You might want to check the thermal paste.. has it enough> don't over use it tho..

I'm sure that processor is not worth upgrading and I don't think you can go further much..

You can upgrade your ram to 4gb ddr 2

The graphics card is a pretty good one also.. I mean overall the system is actually pretty good.. I don't know what you want to do..

You'd need a new mobo.. cpu and memory for a total upgrade but I don't know what you want to do.. it's a good system already :eek: but you didn't point out how much ram..

Back
Top Bottom