Upgraded Laptop CPU Screen Now Black.

Sorry if in any of this I seem any bit snappy. It's been a long day haha.

My main question as stated in the OP. if that's the best choice. this computer was nothing short of a rubrics cube to take apart and rebuild. So if it's something simple I'm over looking I want to test that first haha.

Give me a link to the manual or specs you found. I'd like to check something.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Not really but if the system doesn't boot up with the new chip then putting back in the old one will give him access to it. I'm thinking since it comes out of the box with a Celeron it might not support a dual core cpu.

I just don't understand how that is even 1% possible. it's listed in black and white that it is. I really have no clue how it could not be possible.

You know if it was something someone just found a stray CPU from an old computer and it fit the socket and wondered why it didn't work. alright yeah that's likely. but this is listed clearly from HP Compaq that it is. so I'm just confused,

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

It's all good. You should try running a hotel. Every day is a bad day...

Haha never going to happen in my life time. I'm fine with my little problems right now :p

Post the link to the specs you were looking at. I'd like to check something please.

I can E-mail you the service manual or link you to the download for it. I'm getting this right from the service manual from compaq themselves.

AH HA
Did you make sure the marker on the CPU is lined up with the marker on the socket?
Are the retaining screws snug?
Did you reapply thermal paste?
Did you run the setup disc?

Question do you hear the "beep" when your computer boots?

edit :
kaaj.. I've been checking out the T9600 and it doesn't look like it has intergrated graphic card in it. So you currently have to GPU which could be the cause of your blackscreen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom