Upgrade is it worth it?

dlt21

Solid State Member
I am a new member so if this has already been asked I apoligize. I have a home built PC ,pentium III 450 which runs fine but I see ads from Frys for Motherboard and CPU for $90-$150 and I know I would also need new memory. Question being would it be worthwhile to upgrade this way or are there other factors I am not Seeing. Another question just got DSL does the speed of your CPU have anything to do with speed of DSL?

Well, you can get a nice pc, like the one i have or will have rather , for ~$670, i think it would be worth waiting till you have money to spend on a AMD 64.

yes ur pce does affect ur speed, i noticed when i went from my celeron 2.00ghz to a an athlon xp 3200+ the decrease in page loading time was immense!!!

that might have been becuase of the amount of junk running on your celeron and with a fresh install of xp it ran faster, i have a 1 gig duron as you can see below and it runs adsl at full speed no problem

Go with an AMD64 2800+ 754pin if you are willing to put out more cost. Otherwise, go with a simple Sempron Processor.

i agree thats a good low cost processor, and willgive you the option of running 64 bit software which will replace 32 bit software over the next few years

yeah i admit my celeron was fulla shit, but even after i have cleaned it all up it still runs slow, i think its coz the cpu only has 128 kb of cache!!!!

Internet speeds dont vary. But, it seems faster on a better machine. Just because IE will pop open quicker and refresh faster. I know because i just installed my new mobo on my overclocked 2500+ from my duron, and wow...faster. Lovin it.

Back
Top Bottom