Upgrade or Rebuild

nathan harris

Baseband Member
Hey Guy's once again i need some help im 100% sure ill be doing this around November my current build is

CPU Q6600
Ram 4 GB Silicon Power ???????
GPU ETA 4850
MotherBoard Pk5 Pro
Optical : LG Super Multi 20X
HHD : WD 640gb (im thinking i might want a second hhd for my operating system not sure how i can move just windows over without losing all my files
Case : Cool master C5
PSU: came with case 430 watts

Now im thinking i might target the PSU Ram Cpu ANd GPU and put the second hhd

I live in aus i would like to buy the parts over a counter
I built my first pc but that was 2 years ago and i had a family member help me (he lives in canada now) anyone know good pc shops that would do it for me
I got a budget of 600-800

or i can give this pc to my dad giving him a new hhd and build a new one with a budget of 1500

Well I would say your CPU is fine as there are not many good upgrades for that motherboard and the CPU is still good. You can overclock it if you like to get a little added performance. RAM is good unless you have a 64bit OS then you can add more if you like. But I have the same set up but with 32bit OS and it only detects 3.5GB of that anyways. I would upgrade the GPU as that is easy enough to do, get the latest if you like to high performance game. An HDD upgrade is simple enough I have 4TB of HDD space in that same mobo. I don't know much about the PSU but I would look at power requirements of the new GPU you plan to buy and maybe upgrade it accordingly.

I would definitely not buy a new one yet as that still has a couple years left in it with a couple upgrades.

Ur current psu is not big enough for a 4850, it requires Atleast 450w. Get a 5770 and a 500w corsair and you'll be set.

Got a budget?
Screen resolution?
what games do u play?

unless you have a 64bit OS then you can add more if you like
i got 64 bit xp but im getting 64 windows 7 ulti

Got a budget?
Screen resolution?
what games do u play?

Budget 800-1000
21.5" 1680x1080 i think im not at home im on school pc
Cod modern warwafre 2 starcraft 2 gta 4 mass effect 2 and 1 cryisis 1 and warhead heaps of others

Back
Top Bottom