Upgrade PSU for Radeon HD 4670?

Ludichris1

Baseband Member
How well would this computer's ATX 12V 300W (power supply unit), cope with an ATI Radeon HD 4670? Would I have to upgrade the power supply? Will the video card run not at all, barely, possibly, fine, or perfectly? :confused:

the psu is underrated for that card. i think the recommended is like 400 or something.

your psu may run the video card but serval problems will arise.

you can easily burn out your powersupply this way.

even if it does work, the GPU will not live up to its fullest potential because it is not receiving the enough power.

It will make your system unstable

so in other words upgrade your power supply

Just got to newegg and find a decent 550watt and you will be fine to other little mods and upgrades for awhile.

The HD 4670 requires at least a 400W power supply. It may not work properly with that systems 300W, if at all.

This will work nicely: Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W - $35.99 ($23.99 after $12.00 Mail-In Rebate) w/Free Shipping

Thanks. Now I have another question :p.

Ok you know the link I showed you of that computer? Well, it says the processor is "AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 7750". I think I read somewhere that the 7750 is practically as good as the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6000. Is this true? And if not, could I overclock the 7750 on that computer I showed you, and make it even better or the same as a 6000? Please reply! (I don't know a thing about it overclocking, but a gamer's gotta do what a gamer's gotta do!:D

The 7750 is a every bit as good as the 6000+ as shown by that comparison. The CPU should be fairly overclockable depending on the motherboard's available BIOS adjustments. You could try using AMD OverDrive. It's a nifty little app that allows you to control most every part of an AMD based system including overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom