which upgrade for gpu?

Sedah

In Runtime
aight, hey everyone again.

jus have a quick question before I make the decision;

currently I have a gtx260, and would like to upgrade it, but the question is to what? I was thinking of gettin another gtx260 then sli OR get the gtx285? but how much more will the gtx285 increase be? ive read, only about 15-20%? [correct me if im wrong] or will the SLI be better?

also; if you have any better upgrade option, then shoot it at me.

once again; thanks in advance for all the inputs.

You will see a nice increase in performance with a GTX 285, but a GTX 260-216 SLI setup will easily beat it in most any benchmark.

For an even greater increase in performance, look into the GTX 295. Them things are monsters.

You will see a nice increase in performance with a GTX 285, but a GTX 260-216 SLI setup will easily beat it in most any benchmark.

For an even greater increase in performance, look into the GTX 295. Them things are monsters.

hahaha yea was thinkin about the 295 but dont wanna blow 500+ on that, so my max for an upgrade for now is around 350. so should I jus go w/ the 285 compared to 260SLI?

If your power supply can handle it, go for the Core 216 SLI. They scale very nicely. Let me know if it works with your power supply. I'm looking to purchase a new one so I can overclock and go SLI.

I see in his sig he has only a GTX 260-192. They don't run nearly as well as the core 216 version. You'd be better off getting a GTX 280 in that case.

yea i still have the step-up deal for it, got about a good 2months more, they ahve the 285 for the step-up deal so mayb jus go for that then?

then i shall wait a good month & a half, hopefully the price would be a bit lower by then haha

so ive researched some more and it seems 2x260 would outperform the 285 by itself. so imma jus go that route, another question is. would my power supply be able to power up both of them or do i need an upgrade for the psu as well?

Back
Top Bottom