Upgrade!!

hardware is expensive. It's a fine setup for the money, that's for sure.
Exactly what CPU do you have right now?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 on the gateway dx 4710.. reason am changing the board is because i think its going bad... When i use the ram in other slots i just get a beeping sound when i turn pc on but all the ram works in just one of the slot so i assume the other slots are bad.. so in the main time i said to my self i might as well try upgrade everything one time.. also i have a nvidia geoforce gt 430 card in it also an i keep getting black screen whgen am playing game saying the driver has failed an recovvered on windows 7. tried the driver sweeper an installed latest driver an still the same problem. so said screw it since the other ram slots not working let me upgrade one time:lol:

The reason the other RAM slots are not working is because you have to use them in order.
The slots have a number. Numbers are 0,1,2,3.
The board need a RAM module in slot 0 before it will boot. This is properly why you are getting the beeping error when choosing other ports.

The reason the other RAM slots are not working is because you have to use them in order.
The slots have a number. Numbers are 0,1,2,3.
The board need a RAM module in slot 0 before it will boot. This is properly why you are getting the beeping error when choosing other ports.

Ohhh!! i did not know that but if that the case why is it still only showing that i only have 2gig installed

hmmm...
Do you have 2 ram modules?
if yes, then check if the second one is placed in the macing color coded slot.
Ram are placed like this: first slot 0 are giving a module, then slot 2. So you see, it has to mach the colors on the RAM slots.
Here is an example. First you use the 2 red ports, then black ports starting with slot1 (the black port closest to the CPU)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...slots_–_dual_channel-top_oblique_PNr°0302.jpg

hmmm...
Do you have 2 ram modules?
if yes, then check if the second one is placed in the macing color coded slot.
Ram are placed like this: first slot 0 are giving a module, then slot 2. So you see, it has to mach the colors on the RAM slots.
Here is an example. First you use the 2 red ports, then black ports starting with slot1 (the black port closest to the CPU)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...slots_–_dual_channel-top_oblique_PNr°0302.jpg

Ok i tried that...

2lntma1.jpg

my cam is abit blurry but hope is enough for you to see.. I tried the 1st slot closet to the cpu with just 1 ram long beep when i start up.. then tried the others going down an only the yellow slot furthest away from the cpu works

Back
Top Bottom