Upgrade

Geddes

Solid State Member
Hi there,

I'm looking for a second opinion regarding some major hardware upgrades I am thinking of doing.

Processor = Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Dual Core Processor LGA775 Conroe 2.66GHZ 1333FSB 4MB Retail

Motherboard = ASUS P5LD2 R2.0 ATX LGA775 Conroe I945P DDR2 PCI-E16 3PCI-E 3PCI SATA RAID Sound GBLAN Motherboard

RAM = OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

Power Supply = Sparkle Power SPI ATX-400PN 400W ATX12V 20/24PIN Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan P4 AMD Ready OEM

Case = Thermaltake SopranoRS 101 Mid Tower ATX Case Black 4X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT No PSU Side Window

All of this will cost approximately $650

I already bought a new 8600GTS so that's not included in there

Some opinions would be great,

Thanks

If you plan on overclocking, running lots of drives or anything, upgrade the PSU. It's cutting it real close for that rig.

Overall good, 4GB of cheaper ram may be ideal however.

If you plan on overclocking, running lots of drives or anything, upgrade the PSU. It's cutting it real close for that rig.

I don't plan on extra hard drives or anything.
This PSU was on for a decent price, so I don't really want to spend more money on different one.
I'm really not that much into overclocking either.
Anybody else think I should upgrade that PSU?

By looking at the other parts it doesn't look like your trying to overclock or anything right?

I really don't need to overclock, no. Do you guys recommend a different PSU or do you think it's necessary. If so, what number of watts would be ideal? There is a somewhat cheap 430 watt PSU I'm looking at now, would that be sufficient?

I really don't need to overclock, no. Do you guys recommend a different PSU or do you think it's necessary. If so, what number of watts would be ideal? There is a somewhat cheap 430 watt PSU I'm looking at now, would that be sufficient?

All depends on the quality of the PSU. If your looking at the 430 watt thermaltake, forget it. The sparkle is much much better than those. I know lots of people that use those sparkle power supplys in builds, it should do the trick.

Also, it's pretty easy to use over 2 gig of ram

Yeah than you don't need 4 gig. 2 gig is sufficient. Thats easy to upgrade down the road.

Back
Top Bottom