updating ddr2........

Domaz

In Runtime
I want to update my ddr2. i currently have 2gb ddr2 and i want to add uptill 4gb. but i'm not sure what better will it do?can't sumebody explaine more what are the plus points for doing this??mostly apreciated

if you have vista, you would benefit because vista loves memory, but if you have xp, all that memory would actually slow the computer becuase it would be hard for stuff to be found in all that space.

I have vista home premium. So it would help in witch part,gaming aswell?or other??

4 gigs really isnt needed right now
but if u want to run crysis as high in settings with as many fps go for it

the thing is i want to be able to run stalker well on my machine the laptop is new,but it has the 7 series card,and i wount run that proper i think if i want to play on high stats or atleast decent stats and have a decent performence,so would that help if i add 4gb ddr2??and word?i could play crisis on high settins with minimum problems?

I'd say at this point instead of getting 4 GB of whatever you've got, if your motherboard supports it you'd be better off selling your current memory and getting a new 2GB of faster RAM.

what do you mean by gettin a faster 2gb ram?are there any more info on this mather?im kinda "green" to all ov this,never done it before so i really trying to get educated on this.

Well, RAM is rated at different speeds to run at. It's rated in MHz. It goes anywhere from DDR2-400 MHz to DDR2-1250 on up. If you have a laptop, it's probably already got the fastest memory it can support, so I wouldn't worry about it.

The major limiting factor of playing games on your laptop is going to be the graphics card. What's the model of yours?

i bought an acer aspire 9303WSMi with an go 7300 series.i have 2gb ddr,would it actually benefit if i change my ddrm ram or add 2 gb more?I mean would my gaming performence improve? I dindn't actually by this laptop for gaming only,mostly for photopshop,corel draw and other sofware as such, but i do like to game tho from time to time,and i would like to be able to run stalker,crysis,farcy and cod2 nicely or allright on the machine so what you think the best option would be,

Don't worry about the RAM, you're fine with that. The video card is going to bottleneck it way too much...

If your video card is upgradeable, you'll want to do that. If not, you're kind of screwed...

Back
Top Bottom