updating from 2Gb to 4Gb but need someone to explain this to me

Fisher

Fully Optimized
O.k so when putting my system together along time ago (see specs) i was told by someone that to only get 2x 1Gb sticks for my system, mainly because it was overkil at the time but there was another couple of reasons:

1. being that windows xp did not like over 2-3gb ram and

2. because my cpu would run in something like T2 mode instead of T1 meaning that it wouldnt be as quick as it should be

also i still want to keep my cpu overclocked so would getting 4Gb of ram effect that? i have found this on ebay its extactly the same Ram i have in there now so it should be alright?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mushkin-Enhan...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

im also running Vista 64bit. if its o.k to go ahead and worth it then im going to bid on that memory. what do you guys think? my main concern is that T2 thing so if someone can clarify that for me that would be great. my athlon64 is socket 939

It shouldnt affect your processor speed. If you are running vista 64bit, I would go for it. But, if it was me, and I already had 2 slots filled, I would get 1 2gb stick, just so as to leave room for improovement. Or even get 2 2gb sticks additional. That would be sweet.

i cant do that as my motherboard only supports up to 4Gb, 1Gb max in each slot. but my main concern is this T2 thing that will make the memory or the cpu run in if i have 4Gb of ram. wish i could remember what it was about. ive been trying to find the post but no luck. ive been doing a bit of googling but i havnt really got the time and that ebay item ends tomorrow so im really looking for a quick answer

Back
Top Bottom