Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2015, 04:48 AM   #1
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Talking Update on Parts List

G'day everyone...

In 2014 I built my own Gaming computer (Thanks to a few informational people on this forum), the parts being;

Processor (C.P.U.) - i5 Intel 4670
Graphic Card - Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC
R.A.M. - G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (2x4gb)
Motherboard - Asus B85M-E
Optical Drive - Pioneer Optical Drive
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1TB
S.S.D. - Kingston 120gb HyperX
Shell - Cooler Master K280
C.P.U. Fan - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Power Supply - Cooler Master 600W

Currently, I've been wanting to build another computer just like this one. This being made in 2014, (Especially with computer parts getting better day by day) my main question was whether there were better items similar to this build. This list, at the time, came to around $1000 and has suited me very well with no problems at all. Unfortunately, I have not been updated on the parts in the market now.

If you have any ideas on what I could change or update on this list and why. It would be greatly appreciated!!
__________________

BlitzingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:52 AM   #2
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,536
Default Re: Update on Parts List

It all looks good and solid, You could update your GPU to either the Nvidia 900 or AMD R300 Series but you may need a better PSU..
__________________

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:58 AM   #3
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Default Re: Update on Parts List

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
It all looks good and solid, You could update your GPU to either the Nvidia 900 or AMD R300 Series but you may need a better PSU..
Right, so I'm guessing not a lot has changed in the last year and a half! Thanks a lot! Your help is always appreciated!
BlitzingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:05 AM   #4
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,536
Default Re: Update on Parts List

Not really, Only 5th & 6th generation CPU's release from Intel but I see a lot of people still sticking with the 4th generation gear and as Intel kinda skipped 5th generation for desktop and 6th generation is where the improvements have been made for gamers I'd say.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Default Re: Update on Parts List

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Not really, Only 5th & 6th generation CPU's release from Intel but I see a lot of people still sticking with the 4th generation gear and as Intel kinda skipped 5th generation for desktop and 6th generation is where the improvements have been made for gamers I'd say.
Would you recommend the Intel i5 4690 instead for a person who doesn't intend to overclock compared to the 4670k? The reason I bring this up is I cannot find many sources of the product in Australia...
BlitzingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:49 AM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Update on Parts List

So you want a new computer so you have 2 or do you want a new computer instead of that one you build last year?

The reason i am confused is because you said "build another computer".
Why would you need 2?
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #7
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Default Re: Update on Parts List

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
So you want a new computer so you have 2 or do you want a new computer instead of that one you build last year?

The reason i am confused is because you said "build another computer".
Why would you need 2?
Ahh, just building another PC for a mate! He plays the same stuff as me and has the same needs!
BlitzingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:02 AM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Update on Parts List

ok. In that case you should update the list.
Skylake CPU's (6 gen from Intel) are priced close to haswell (gen 4). The same with it's respective motherboards.

So you need another motherboard CPU and RAM (if you choose to go DDR4. Which you might as well do)

AMD have come out with the 300 series of GPU's. So you might as well change to that, or a GTX 970.

You want me to put together a list for you?
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:56 AM   #9
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Default Re: Update on Parts List

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
ok. In that case you should update the list.
Skylake CPU's (6 gen from Intel) are priced close to haswell (gen 4). The same with it's respective motherboards.

So you need another motherboard CPU and RAM (if you choose to go DDR4. Which you might as well do)

AMD have come out with the 300 series of GPU's. So you might as well change to that, or a GTX 970.

You want me to put together a list for you?
Um, Yes please! If you could please put together a few options (Ranging in price) for each item it would be very much appreciated!
BlitzingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #10
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Default Re: Update on Parts List

Just had a look at the Gpu options you stated. The Nvidia card is a bit too much at this stage, however some of the cards in the 300 series are at a decent price. FYI I bought (Minus postage) my Cpu for 275, Gpu for 260 and Ram for 110. If you could get near that sort of pricing, it would be great!
__________________

BlitzingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build, cpu, gaming, graphics card, parts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0