Update on Parts List

BlitzingNinja

Baseband Member
G'day everyone...

In 2014 I built my own Gaming computer (Thanks to a few informational people on this forum), the parts being;

Processor (C.P.U.) - i5 Intel 4670
Graphic Card - Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC
R.A.M. - G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (2x4gb)
Motherboard - Asus B85M-E
Optical Drive - Pioneer Optical Drive
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1TB
S.S.D. - Kingston 120gb HyperX
Shell - Cooler Master K280
C.P.U. Fan - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Power Supply - Cooler Master 600W

Currently, I've been wanting to build another computer just like this one. This being made in 2014, (Especially with computer parts getting better day by day) my main question was whether there were better items similar to this build. This list, at the time, came to around $1000 and has suited me very well with no problems at all. Unfortunately, I have not been updated on the parts in the market now.

If you have any ideas on what I could change or update on this list and why. It would be greatly appreciated!!

It all looks good and solid, You could update your GPU to either the Nvidia 900 or AMD R300 Series but you may need a better PSU..

It all looks good and solid, You could update your GPU to either the Nvidia 900 or AMD R300 Series but you may need a better PSU..

Right, so I'm guessing not a lot has changed in the last year and a half! Thanks a lot! Your help is always appreciated!

Not really, Only 5th & 6th generation CPU's release from Intel but I see a lot of people still sticking with the 4th generation gear and as Intel kinda skipped 5th generation for desktop and 6th generation is where the improvements have been made for gamers I'd say.

Not really, Only 5th & 6th generation CPU's release from Intel but I see a lot of people still sticking with the 4th generation gear and as Intel kinda skipped 5th generation for desktop and 6th generation is where the improvements have been made for gamers I'd say.

Would you recommend the Intel i5 4690 instead for a person who doesn't intend to overclock compared to the 4670k? The reason I bring this up is I cannot find many sources of the product in Australia...

So you want a new computer so you have 2 or do you want a new computer instead of that one you build last year?

The reason i am confused is because you said "build another computer".
Why would you need 2?

So you want a new computer so you have 2 or do you want a new computer instead of that one you build last year?

The reason i am confused is because you said "build another computer".
Why would you need 2?

Ahh, just building another PC for a mate! He plays the same stuff as me and has the same needs!

ok. In that case you should update the list.
Skylake CPU's (6 gen from Intel) are priced close to haswell (gen 4). The same with it's respective motherboards.

So you need another motherboard CPU and RAM (if you choose to go DDR4. Which you might as well do)

AMD have come out with the 300 series of GPU's. So you might as well change to that, or a GTX 970.

You want me to put together a list for you?

ok. In that case you should update the list.
Skylake CPU's (6 gen from Intel) are priced close to haswell (gen 4). The same with it's respective motherboards.

So you need another motherboard CPU and RAM (if you choose to go DDR4. Which you might as well do)

AMD have come out with the 300 series of GPU's. So you might as well change to that, or a GTX 970.

You want me to put together a list for you?

Um, Yes please! If you could please put together a few options (Ranging in price) for each item it would be very much appreciated!

Just had a look at the Gpu options you stated. The Nvidia card is a bit too much at this stage, however some of the cards in the 300 series are at a decent price. FYI I bought (Minus postage) my Cpu for 275, Gpu for 260 and Ram for 110. If you could get near that sort of pricing, it would be great!

Back
Top Bottom