Unwanted ads

Yeah, I have the full kaspersky suite for my entire PC defense. Haven't ever had a problem and targets threats right away. -5 starz for mention of Norton. Thats one way to make your computer run like Terry Schiavo . OHHHHHHHH!!!!! No he didnttttttttttttttttttt.

Try deleting all your cookies to see if some adware has stored itself in there, have you downloaded any new tool bars or smiley programs lately that might have had the ad software bundled in with it.
I haven't downloaded anything for ages & ages, & anyway that usually attracts trojans which my AVG promptly put in their vault.

I haven't downloaded anything for ages & ages, & anyway that usually attracts trojans which my AVG promptly put in their vault.

You said it has just started now, well if you haven't installed any new programs and you never used to have it, then there must be a INTERNET program you already have on that has let in some form of adware somewhere or you pop up blocker is turned of some how.
I tend to think when you visited a website a tracking cookie has attached itself to your computer somewhere, did you try deleting your cookies and history if need be.

ABSOLUTELY NO self respecting computer enthusiast should say those words. :p

My reccomendations:

a) try a new web browser, IE is definitely not the greatest.
b) if a is unacceptable (for some strange reason), re install IE.
c) if it is still un-fixed, you should triple check that it is not a virus or adware, and get a reliable/quality program for that. I love Kaspersky. It is fast, very protective, and uses hardly any system process.

good luck!

I know i shouldn't lol :p

But I never get chance to do something about it, I'm always busy or gaming. meh, that's life :)

It could be a time bomb. That's basically a virus that is set to go off at a specific time. Could be a day of the year (oh August 2nd for example) and go start the infection only on that day (of any year), any set day of the week (a monday for example) or any other pre-defined day and time. These are harder to catch since they are not active for most Anti-viruses to catch.

Re-run AVG and Ad-aware. I think you mentioned Spybot. If you did, re-run that too.

As for the cookies, delete them. Even if you havn't downloaded anything, cookies are always being put on your comptuer. They save picturers and stuff so the second time to a page things load faster. CF does it all the time with you noticing.

You should consider using an alternative to Microsoft Internet Explorer, or at least upgrade to IE7 if you don't already have it.

There is apparently an IE8 trial sometime early next year.

Success!, I did a search all folder & files including hidden files, & deleted seven, that's the lot so far, as new ones turn up I'll repeat the procedure

if you get Firefox, all popups are blocked by defualt (with the option to show them) and you can get ad block plus, which blocking everything else.

Back
Top Bottom