An unusual test for people !

Jon1

Beta member
Hello everyone,

My name is Jon and i am new to the forum, i have made a (what i call) vital mistake today when tidying up my pc, ok here goes :

On the desktop, i have all my drives,

C:
D:

then my cd drives

E:
F:

I right clicked on my E Drive and went to "Open With", i then clicked on Winamp and checked the little box which says "alwas open with this program".

I done this thinking that anything that is put in this drive will open with winamp, but it was a totally idiotic thing to do as this has changed all my drive icons aswell as some icons on my start menu to a "winamp" icon. So whenever i click on my D Drive, it tries to open with winamp.

This will a very silly thing to do and is probably a very rare thing to you guys, is there any chance you might be able to help me!.

I run operating system WINDOWS 2000 ME.

Thanks very much,
Jon

Ok, you need to clean your computer, so listen up!

Fill up your tub, get some bubbles goin' (whatever kind you want).

Unplug your computer, and place in Tub, let soak for 2-3 days, cleaning with a brush once an hour.

Hope that helps!

Lmao, don't be mean moneyman, The guy is obviously posting here because he has a problem that he'd like to solve...

I know I know, I just thought it was funny...

:p

I didn't know what to tell him, so I thought I'd be a smart arse

lol, I don't know a fix either, But if I were you, I'd just reformat and re-install...
You could also re-install your drivers for that drive or something like that? Or right click on the drive again, and choose open with..

AND FOR MY BEST IDEA YET-
IF YOU HAVE ME OR XP USE SYSTEM RESTORE!!!
lol

I lurve system, restor...Tis a lifesaver

Try Tools, Folder Options. Then File Types.

Look around; try and find what was in your Drive at the time - what type of thing was it? Music CD? Look in Music CD and go to advanced - and see what the Startup Options are. If thats not it; its really a case of looking through all that it could be and making sure whats happening in Advanced. If that doesn't work - System Restore would be the best option; or a Format.

Back
Top Bottom