Unplugging Computer from Monitor

aowen416

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I use the same monitor that I use for my computer for my PS3..which means..unplugging either my computer or PS3 to use the other.

Everytime I unplug my computer's DVI cable from my monitor and plug my PS3 in, and then go to plug my computer back in, I have to restart my computer in order to get a video feed.

However, before I reformatted my computer, I didn't have to restart..and it'd get a video feed instantly.

Why do I have to restart now? Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

Hmm....I don't know why you would have to restart your pc, have you looked at the settings in the video card's control panel? Perhaps there is some setting that deals with this?

Also, have you ever used an a/b switch so that you don't have to unplug and plug the monitor back in?

Well, yeah.

Sadly, DVI switches are like $150 and upwards. It'd be convenient...but not worth $150.

I'm looking at my computer settings now...

If your monitor has vga in just use that for the computer, then you can switch the monitor source from dvi for ps3 to vga for pc.

If your monitor has vga in just use that for the computer, then you can switch the monitor source from dvi for ps3 to vga for pc.

My monitor does have VGA...along with component and composite ports.

..but...I want the digital feed for computer..looks better >.>

I could use component for my PS3...but I want digital as well..and I'm using component for my Wii...

...composite looks like crap xD

This may sound stupid, and it's probably not happening but I have to check. Do you bring the computer out of sleep when you plug it back in? I'm sure it could be a common problem overlooked easy enough.

EDIT: also thought of: maybe you need to turn the monitor off for it to display after plugging it in...

Actually...yeah xD

I just realized..before I reformatted..my computer didn't automatically sleep :S

Back
Top Bottom