Unlocking Pipelines?

Smety

Baseband Member
I always hear about people unlocking so and so pipelines in their graphics card, and unlocking vertex shaders and such, how exactly do you do this?

isnt that available on certain cards only. I knwo with the 6800se you can unlock 4 pipelines and a vertex shader.

I beleive it supports all versions of Geforce and Radeon video cards. Then again, I never tried unlocking any.

I just use coolbit registry tweak to overclock my GPU.

towly said:
isnt that available on certain cards only. I knwo with the 6800se you can unlock 4 pipelines and a vertex shader.

6800se? Or are you talking about the 6800 LE or the 6800 NU?

the LE, I know its the lowest version of the 6800, since they all use the same gpu. Ive heard people oc them to 6800gt specs, except that they dont have the 256mb of ram.

Yeah. I got my 6800 NU pretty high in 3DMark03 before...I think it was 11,xxx. Of course, I softmodded it and "unlocked" all the pipelines and vertex shaders.

Smety said:
I always hear about people unlocking so and so pipelines in their graphics card, and unlocking vertex shaders and such, how exactly do you do this?

You can't, your card is running all 16 pipelines already. The 6800GT is the BEST of the 6800 series, being stable, running somewhat cool, UNLIKE the 6800Ultra and the 6800NU an LE require softmodding to make really powerful (as in 6800GT level).

6800 ULTRA is the best of the 6800's I thought . . .

And I still cant figure out how to unlock pipelines. . .

you cant unlock any pipelines. Your card is already using all 16 pipelines so you can't unlock any more. The only thing you can do is overclock your card to Ultra standards.

Back
Top Bottom