Unlocking more Pixel Pipelines.

I'm curious. Because a friend just bought a 7800GT CO (not OC) and it kicks some major arse. Now my X700 obviously can not stack up to it. But I noticed that with his extra 12 pixel pipelines he was showing things I could only dream of.

So the question to you guys is, is it possible to unlock more pixel pipelines, or, make them more effcient? I just want a way to improve the flow of my pixels or what ever and want to make my $135 dollars relly get put to work, because BF2 and the F.E.A.R demo aint nothin' for me...

I could, but I don't know if I want to. I can try to get a Zalman cooler for 10 bucks but it's kind of iffy at this point...

What kinda off cooling do you have in your system? Just fans (what size, how many)?, water cooling.

I'm not sure that you can unlock extra pipelines not designed into it.. mostly its done on the 6800, where you can change settings, making it run like a 6800GT

Yay for spending too much money... and then not having a desk to game on so all I do is chat on AIM :-/

AMD 64 X2 4200+@2714mhz
Fatal1ty SLI mobo /w uguru
2x 7800GT (SLi) 470/1100
2gig OCZ plat. rev 2 memory
Thermaltake Big Water SE
WD Raptor 74GB 10krpm
Maxtor DiamondMax 300GB
9 case fans :p

Sig line limit is 5 i beleive. maybe changed now. im not sure. change it to be safe tho, so you dont get in trouble

What do you mean spending to much money. The X700 is a great video card and plays every game on the market. I just want to make it better is all...

Nope. The G70's architecture has a maximum of 24 pixel pipelines and 8 vertex shaders, so if you have the 7800 GTX all you can do is overclock it.

The X700 is decent if you compare it to the 6600 GT. I think the X700 XT has 8 pixel pipelines and 6 vertex shaders, but since the XT variant is so rare, I assume you have the Pro variant, which should have 4 pixel pipelines and 6 vertex shaders. It might be possible to unlock them, but I've never tried it since I use nVIDIA (I might try out the X1800 XT though :D).

Back
Top Bottom