Unlocked OEM Intel BIOS Versions?

Ikaros

Solid State Member
Moderator - please move this into the General hardware and software area. Posted here by mistake.

I was wondering do they have unlocked versions of Intel motherboard BIOS downloads to replace what the brand name companies like Dell and Gateway use? For example I have a Gateway OEM Intel (Big Arm) 975X Viiv Motherboard OEMD975XBGG1 and the BIOS version I'm running is LA97510J.15A.0268 from 5/16/2007. Gateway has a newer version LA97510J.15A.0285 from 10/30/2007 for download but I'm not installing it until they (apparently can't) tell me what fixes or changes are in the newer version to see if it's even worth flashing, or if it will erase my RAID configuration! But I'm curious if there is an unlocked version out there so I can see the actual CPU and FSB performance adjustments. I can get to the memory performace adjustments though like timings and voltage, etc. at least they didn't lock that out. I wrote to Gateway just to ask for information about their BIOS screens and i got the insane answer that they don't warranty support flashing with their own BIOS!

Note - I did some more looking around and found the reason for the newer BIOS update (Corrected negative temperature margin display with certain processors on Hardware Monitoring page) so I won't mess with updating it.

Back
Top Bottom