Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Unknown hardware problem

Thread locked, Reason:- Using illegal software. ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************Ok, It all started when I installed a copy of windows 98se. I formated my HD and proceded to install my pirated win98se. (:/ this is what I get for pirating} So when I started setup it all came up in japanese, ok I'll just download a language pack and that should fix, so I kept going witht he install.

After everything was finished I rebooted and windows kept up, the screen would start flickering and then just froze. I had to press artl+crtl+del right before it did that to get past it. Then I rebooted my computer and everything just started going so damn slowwwww. So I just figured a I'd format again and leave it alone. It took 45mins to format this 3gig HD. I went and got another HD and booted up with that and it took 3mins to boot up. So I ruled out the HD so maybe it was ram, I found some ram (one 64mb stick) It wasn't the ram. i can't think of anything, I've never had a problem like this before. If anyone can help or solve my problem thanks a lot.

P.S The HD I installed this jap ver of 98se won't register when I plug it up.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Unknown hardware problem

Whats both comp specs?

Old 09-14-2005, 11:00 PM   #3
BSOD

Maybe the Japanese version of Windows isn't compatible with US hardware. That doesn't really make sense, though. It should still work.

It's possible that since it's pirated, something is wrong with it. Any number of things could have been done to it, so who knows. Anyway, pirating Windows is not good. Besides, of all the Windows OSs, why 98?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Haha, the morale of the story is: DON'T BUY OR USE ILLEGAL SOFTWARE! Sorry...I just had to say that. It's a shame, really... :/
Old 09-15-2005, 12:48 AM   #5
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuser
Whats both comp specs?
I knew I left something out.

The computer with the hardware problem is a p2, 333mhz, 64ram, 3gighd, 4mb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank_fusion
Maybe the Japanese version of Windows isn't compatible with US hardware. That doesn't really make sense, though. It should still work.

It's possible that since it's pirated, something is wrong with it. Any number of things could have been done to it, so who knows. Anyway, pirating Windows is not good. Besides, of all the Windows OSs, why 98?
My guess was a virus that messed with the hardware, only reason I can think of right now. I can't format the HD I used for the jap win98 because it won't register when I boot with a win98 bootdisk. I choose 98 because of the hardware specs. If I can find out what piece of hardware it messed it then I've gotten somewhere.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:47 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

it's most likly the ILLIGAL Windows CD. you get what you paid for and you didn't pay for it so you don't get much out of it.

Tecµ watch the language please.

GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Closed Thread