Unknown Computer Problem

BGates14

In Runtime
Friend's computer that I built about a year ago randomly stopped responding to his monitor. The computer turns on, lights turn on, everything works basically, doesnt really respond processor wise but it doesn't seem like the processor. The lights blink, nothing happens. One of my friends thinks processor, one of my friends things PSU. We took it to Best Buy and they said motherboard so we ordered a new motherboard, put it back together and same thing. I'm uploading a video to youtube and will link it once its there of what is happening. We also tried taking out the video card and using on board so it is not the video card.

No beeps, not the memory as we also ordered new memory with the motherboard and used that aswell

Beeps make things a whole lot easier to figure out.

Have you tried a different power supply?

Check to make sure everything is fully connected, wires, cables, etc. HSF fan is working, yes?

The first board likely saw a weak battery which can prevent the initial posts after a year's time. I've run into that one on a few occasions.

With the new board and supply in the 12v cpu feed is a must. If you forgot that or there's a loose contact inside the plug you plug in it lightly until the retaining clips lock. Or the new board is a reject to start with.

The video needs to be a little longer and speak a little slower since that was quick and choppy making it impossible to hear just what you were saying.

Back
Top Bottom