Unexpected shutdown

driver3260

Beta member
I have a Aser Aspire PC, 2.66 duel core, 500g harddrive, 4gig ddr ram, etc.
About an hour ago it just shut down and wont switch back on, it just died any idea's how to fix or has it give up the ghost?

It could be your power supply. If u have an extra power supply, replace the current one and test it.

About an hour ago it just shut down and wont switch back on, it just died any idea's how to fix or has it give up the ghost?

When you press the power button, does it do anything, as in do the fans spin up, do the hard drive(s) spin up, does anything come on the screen etc?

If not, does your computer beep when you turn it on? If it does, what is the beep code, it will be composed of short and long beeps, sort of like Morse code

At the moment i dont get a peep out of it, no fans spining nothing at all.

Well then it is a pretty good guess that your power supply has died. If it shut down unexpectedly, you may have a problem, in that if the PSU has died, there is the chance that in doing so it has taken out other components on the way, so you could have a dead PSU + other components damaged.

If it is under warranty, get Acer to fix it, otherwise, which specific Aspire is it? If it supports standard ATX power suplies, you can get a new power supply for it fairly cheaply (a decent quality one that is) and see if you need anything else to get it working

One thing I always try when something like this happens.

- unplug the power cord from the power supply
- hold in the power button for at least 30 seconds
- plug the power cord back in and try turning it on

If that doesn't work, power supply is likely dead, as previously suggested.

Same thing happened with a mate of mine perhaps it has overheated have you been using a lot.

This problem is generally faced when your system is over loaded with the files and documents. You should try to format your sysytem by backing up the important files.

Wow. Not even close. This is not a real solution to the OP's problem.

Back
Top Bottom