Unbelievable AMD prices...

Lol, shutup .. 6600 is only slightly faster than the 6000+ .. and overclockers more, but that doesn't matter too much imo.

OMG no the e660 just destroys all of AMD's range AMD just dont have the right technology at the momet they just cannot compete with intel at the mo any new build no matter what the price range go with intel.

OMG no the e660 just destroys all of AMD's range AMD just dont have the right technology at the momet they just cannot compete with intel at the mo any new build no matter what the price range go with intel.

On performance tests the E6600 does beat the 6000+, but not by a HUGE difference like everybody seems to think. It is also more overclockable and perhaps runs cooler too, but the point I was making is how cheap it was being sold for.

As for the fact it is an offer for this week, the original price was only £5 more without VAT - so it'd be more like £110 or something. Still very cheap.

The second anything decent is mentioned about AMD, Intel fans won't have it will they? :rolleyes:

umm no i was an AMD fan before dual core came out and as soon as i built my P D i was converted and no i just dont dont think AMD have what it takes n e more

at the moment both a c2d e6600 and an amd 6000+ are both adequete enough for high end gaming when matched with an equally sufficient gpu and ram etc , the impression some intel fans give is that an amd athlon x2 6000+ would only give 1fps in games but actually the athlon x2 6000+ gives very good gaming performance and in some benchmarks actually out does an e6600 in some .
now one point intel fans cant argue with is the price of the amd dual cores is prie , you show me a brand new retail core 2 duo for £43 and i will buy it from you sure thing in fact the cheapest intel dual core is a pentium D @ £51 with the cheapest core 2 duo being £73 for a 4300 so ya amd are realy cheap , and if you already have a socket 939 mobo with support for dual core you are best off getting an x2 the performance realy wont be as bad as intel fans would have you think and in everyday tasks such as web browsing you cat make pages load any quicker by gettin an e6600 inless they have magic properties i dont know about , if i where building a hadcore gaming machine i would also consider AMD at the mo cas i know people who have had bad experiences with bent pins on socket 775 boards and some of the pc shops round here are saying you must check before you take it out the shop so it must be a problem
i would also consider the intel performance which is marginaly better over the amd
but if i where building a bidget dual core machine i would go amd hands down with a dual coer cpu at £43 i could build a dual core system with 2gb ram and a 17" widescreen for £280 realy good value and that is why when i overhaul my machine and get a dual core cpu later this year i am getting an amd athlon x2

The thing is with intel you can get a cheaper solution like the e6320 or e6420, OC it even with the stock cooler and achieve e6600 speeds or surpass it. While the 6000 doesnt OC much and it runs hotter.

Back
Top Bottom