Unable to paste onto USB Flash Drives and SD cards

apurv21

Beta member
My laptop is not letting me copy anything onto USB flash drives. I'm using windows 7. I have already tried system restore and uninstalling the drive in Device Manager and Disabling write protection in the registry but to no avail. I am able to format the pen drive and also access files on it and copy files from it. But I am not able to paste files from my laptop onto the pen drive. It says "Destination folder access denied" and "You need permission to perform this action". I am running an administrator account. Also I am able to do everything normally in the case of a external HDD but again face the problem when trying to paste something to SD cards. I have taken ownership, run as administrator and also tried to drag-drop but to no avail. This not for just 1 particular file/folder. I am not able to copy ANYTHING to the USB and at the same time I am able to copy ANYTHING to the external HDD. Any solutions/suggestions?

Chispet controls the USB ports as well on the system.

I would suggest reinstall the latest laptop chipset driver and reboot the laptop.

If still the same problem, I would suggest back up the USB flash drive data and repartition and format the flash drive.
Just use the FAT32 format first.

hope this helps!
Bill
Tech Manager
Wptinc

There is a hotfix that may help.

Is the USB drive formatted as NTFS or FAT32? Using FAT32 avoids the permissions issue.

Ok, You should back up all the data on the sd and usb, then reformat them in FAT32.

Back
Top Bottom