Unable to open downloaded docs

cwillie59

Beta member
Help!! I downloaded files to disk, that I password protected while I was at work, and now it won't let me open them from disk, at home. I keep getting the message that says: "The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions: *Check the file permissions for the document or drive. *Use the file open dialog box to locate the document." I don't know how to get these to open and I really need [/B] the information. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You have the same versions of word or excel or whatever it is?

cwillie59 said:
Help!! I downloaded files to disk, that I password protected while I was at work, and now it won't let me open them from disk, at home. I keep getting the message that says: "The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions: *Check the file permissions for the document or drive. *Use the file open dialog box to locate the document." I don't know how to get these to open and I really need [/B] the information. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ok try again,this is any help,
How did you get it home ?
From what disk ?
What is the myfile.*** of this file ? *** i need.
Why did you pwd protect it.hee hee.
Why not just do it again ? the right way.hee hee.

Sounds like its a Link that you copied, and that its looking for the File on your Companies Computer. Just make another one.

If its password protected - you shouldn't be downloading it from Company Computers anyway.

Thanks for all your help - not. And for those of you who keep telling me I shouldn't have used the company computer for this - I had permission and it was done during my time, not office time. No further responses are necessary as I figured it out myself.

Back
Top Bottom