Unable to delete Nero 7 from computer

Joe2

Baseband Member
I have just bought a second hand computer from a friend and in the program files on the C drive there is a folder labeled Nero7 which I want to delete. However, it won't delete.

I have tried the Nero Clean Tool but when I type in the file path from the folder ie; C:\ProgramFiles\Nero7\NeroBackItUp the Clean Tool shows a dialogue box "The selected path is invalid" I clicked OK and tried just clicking "Clean" which went through various stages but didn't remove anything.

My OS is WinXP Pro SP2

Can anyone help please

Thank you

Joe

Nero could very well have background tasks running on your computer, which would prohibit the removal of the folder itself.

As Atomic Rooster said, go ahead and boot your computer in safe mode. Then try deleting it.

If that doesn't work then when you start your computer open the task manager and look at the processes tab. Look on there to see if there is anything listed as nero.

Cheers!

you can also go to the nero folder (should be in C:\program files) and see if there is an uninstall file there...

I tried safe mode which unfortunately didn't work but found some software named "Unlocker" at ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker and this cleared the folder.

Many thanks to you all for your help, which led me in the right direction.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom