Umm I dont Think OverClocking produces any results

BuyingNewGPU

Solid State Member
I overclocked my ATI HD 5570 1 GIG to 700 Mhz GPU and 950 mhz memory and i ran some games and it doesnt seem to help at all and this is the max speeds i can overclock to in AMD overdrive is it possible to over clock pass the maxed allowed speed in CCC AMD overdrive?

WHOA! Be careful when overclocking, you can damage your hardware if you push it too much. If you can't push it more in AMD overdrive, don't try to seek another solution. There is a reason you can't push it further.
What do you mean it doesn't seem to help at all?
Once you overclocked it did you increase the graphics settings on those games?
What were you trying to improve with overclocking?

WHOA! Be careful when overclocking, you can damage your hardware if you push it too much. If you can't push it more in AMD overdrive, don't try to seek another solution. There is a reason you can't push it further.
What do you mean it doesn't seem to help at all?
Once you overclocked it did you increase the graphics settings on those games?
What were you trying to improve with overclocking?

well i over clocked it but it doesnt seem to give me a jump in fps like i thought it would -_-

Overclocking a GPU without touching voltages is fine, I wouldn't worry about anything. Just watch temps.

It doesn't really surprise me that you aren't noticing a big jump. Results become more apparent the higher-end the GPU you have. 75 Mhz on a 6950 will be much more apparent than 75 Mhz on a 5570.

The difference will be very small on a card like that especially with modern games. I have a gts450 and the difference isn't very large. Are you sure you're not getting a CPU bottleneck by any chance? Basically, your CPU is limiting you, not your GPU. Don't use AMD overdrive if it's restricting you. How about downloading EVGA Precision? I use it and it is great. Link below. Hopefully it works with your ATI card

|MG| EVGA Precision 2.0.2 Download

Back
Top Bottom