Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
Angry Um, Seriously, WTF...

A few weeks ago, I bought a DVDR, an IDE HDD, and a XigmaTech CPU cooler.

After having some probs with them, i gave up, but about 5min ago, i noticed the 250W psu had a PCIE conector on it, and decided to give it a go. After taking the one out, the fan wiggled loose(tight case), after putting in another, it completly poped out, I turned it upside down on my desk, and continued screwing in the other psu, I took the fan and aligned it up with its posts and pushed it in, and it wouldn't fit, after comparing the 2 psu's, I came to the conclusion that there is no reason why it shouldn't fit. Then, I noticed a little black spot on my CPU, i looked on the other side of my new cooler, the scortch marks aligned perfectly, and after inspecting it, there was definatly more than 1 scortch mark on my cpu, after looking up the specs of both fans, I would like you to explain this to me.

(Origional Fan) Foxconn 381867-001: http://www.thebestpartinc.com/381866-001.html

(Fan that assploded my computer)Xigmatech EPCD901 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835233022

Funny on how it keeps a high end quad core cool, but doesn't work worth crapola on an ancient Pentium D...

aPanzerIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Default Re: Um, Seriously, WTF...

Can you take a macro of the CPU? Or possibly upload a larger pic? I really cannot tell much from what you provided.

Also, Pentium Ds are notorious for running hot as hell. I had one that got so hot that it managed to warp the motherboard until it broke traces.

BTW, you are using WAAAAAY too much thermal paste.
Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote