This is what my ultimate PC would look like (with a few extras on the side):
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 2MB Cache Dual Core - $884.00
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR - $178.00
2 x G.SKILL 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR400 Dual Channel - $496.00
2 x XFX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB - $998.00
Hard Disk Drives:
2 x Seagate Cheetah 147GB 15,000 RPM SCSI - $2,400.00, 4 x HITACHI 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s - $1,428.00
PC Power & Cooling SLI 850W Power Supply - $430.00
2 x PLEXTOR Black IDE DVD Burner Model PX-716AL/SW - $299.98
Floppy Disk Drive:
Sony 1.44MB 3.5" FDD - $9.99
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro 8 (7.1) Channels - $277.00
KOOLANCE EXOS-2 EX2-750SL 120mm Silver Cooling Systems - $319.00
Thermaltake Tai-Chi VB5000SNA Black/ Silver Aluminum - ATX Full Tower - $399.00
SAMSUNG PPM63H3Q Black 63"
16:9 Wide Screen Plasma Monitor - $7,699.99 :O **SHOCK**
Creative GigaWorks S750 700 Watts 7.1 Speaker - $437.00
Logitech MX-518 - $39.89
Saitek Eclipse - $47.00
Windows XP Professional w/ SP2 Retail - $229.95
All prices were gathered from www.newegg.com
, and the total came to:
Shipping was $259.99
Making a grand total of: $16,832.79
Now you may have noticed that I had no cooling system for the case, and well that's because Newegg don't supply LN2 cooling
No idea how much these cost but I'm guessing a hell of a lot! So that'll bump up the total price.
Right, this is what I would do with that setup:
1. Obviously, build the PC.
2. Find the LN2 cooling system, buy it and install it.
2. Put the two 7800GTXs in SLi mode
3. Put all 4 500Gb hard drives into RAID 0+1
4. Put my operating system on one of the Cheetahs
5. Overclock the two 7800GTXs, the G Skill 2Gb RAM, and my 4800+ as much as possible
6. Put all my games on the other Cheetah
7. Put all my music and films on the 4 x 500Gb hard drives
8. Put any slow running programs (like photoshop etc) on the same Cheetah as the OS.
9. Sit back and play BF2 on a 63" plasma screen