Ultimate gaming machine processor

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
What do you guys think is the Ultimate gaming machine processor? I want to get duel core processors with 3.4ghz and 3.0ghz. Tell me what you think?

you mean Intel right? For gaming i would have to say get an Amd Athlon 57fx, i think is where their called, even tho im Intel biased.

Definitely get AMD. No point getting an Intel unless it's a Pentium M.

Athlon 64 FX-57 is the ultimate gaming CPU, but I would say the X2 4800+ is the best overall.

Yes, FX-57 is the best right now for gaming. Only for a little while longer, at least until the new CPUs come out early next year.

yeah they're going to be releasing dual core FX cpus, and i think a FX-59, and a FX-61 if im not mistaken. but for now the best is the fx-57 without a doubt.

fx-57 without a doubt, i have experienced its mighty power. AMD in general is better at gaming on pretty much all its pricepoint processors.

Wait for Socket M2 and the FX-60, FX-62 and FX-64 to come out. Dual-core Windsor cores with unlocked multipliers for the ultimate overclocking experience...just awesome. :D

If you don't have lots of cash, then play it smart and wait for socket-M2, so you can then buy a cheaper CPU and be able to upgrade it to a faster M2 in the future.

Otherwise, just spend on an Athlon 64 4000+ or an X2 maybe, and accept that it'll be out of date soon.

I was just thinking that those new M2 ready FX CPU's got to cost a crap load of money upon release, like in the thousands maybe and I also agree that unless you have the moolah, get the CPU's that are available now. Cheaper. For raw processing power, the FX are great gaming CPUs. I'm very heavy on multitasking and do gaming too so I definitely need the X2's dual core capability. It's like having the best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom