Uh oh... what did I do now... HELP!

kkevvy

Baseband Member
Okay, so every now and then I'll open my computer and clean it up, reseat the ram, get rid of the dust, etc. Well I did that today. And when everything was plugged back in, I pressed the power button and all the fans turned on, which is normal. But they usually slow down, and don't keep going for awhile. Well the monitor had no display either, it just kept going into Power Saver Mode, with the blinking light. I have no idea whats wrong.

I tried getting rid of the video card, and plugging the monitor directly into the motherboard so it could run off the integrated POS card. But nothing works. Now I know its not a problem with the monitor becuase I'm using my old computer on the same monitor now. I didn't install anything before or anything, and my video card is slightly overclocked but my processor isn't overclocked at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

alright someone else had this problem, i think this is what you do.

unplug the power connector to ur mobo.

then hit the power button to ur comp, of course nothing will happen, but that will clear ur transistors or capacitors or something.

i think that is it

Hmm.... noep. Didn't work. thanks anyway though :). If I can't figure it out, I'm sure my dad's coworker can.

Could it possibly be a problem with the power supply? Its a 300 watt standard eMachines PSU.

i had that happen to me before cuz of a faulty video card.. the 9700 pro...

the fans were going wild.. actually, you know what?
it happened to me with my x850xt recently..

i just turned my computer + mobo switch to OFF for a night, plugged it all in the morning, and it was good 2 go... thats all i did.. but i'm sure there's another soultion for ur case! ... might have something to do with power supply..

naw, no need to open up the tower or anything, sorry, i meant to say switch off the psu.

btw, 3 weeks later,... i scented a electrical burning type smell thing in my room.. first i thoguht it was my mom making something in kitchen and waved it off.. but 2 days later, i came home (i left computer on before i went ot school) and my cpu was off when i came back! i was like OH NO MY DOWNLOADS. then i pushed the power button and failed to see any results.. so i knew right away it was my psu that was effed up.

it might not be.. it's just ONE possibility.

Back
Top Bottom