Uh Oh....

kwickwit

Solid State Member
So i was trying to overclock my ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard with a AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz Socket 939 89W Single-Core Processor and now when i boot up i get 3 beeps followed a long silence. I cant get into the bios. i tried taking out the battery on the motherboard to rest it but it still does the samething.

So my questions are:
Did i fry my cpu or did i fry my MB or both?
Is there a way to check them?
And is there any other way of getting into my bios?

Thanks!

3 beeps is usually the RAM. Re-seat the RAM, and see if that helps.

Do you know what BIOS your motherboard has?

When you say you cant get into the bios do you mean delete or f2/f8 does not work on boot?

Tried re seating the ram-no luck. I think bios is sm bios 2.3 not sure though.

neither the delete or the f2/f8 work. when i do boot up it goes beep....beep,beep,beep, then nothing.

Compare the beep codes with these http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm also I remeber a member last week having simular problem and his turned out to be the NUMS LOCK was pressed in so have a look at your keyboard aswell to seeif theres any keys pressed down.

Tried re seating the ram-no luck. I think bios is sm bios 2.3 not sure though.

neither the delete or the f2/f8 work. when i do boot up it goes beep....beep,beep,beep, then nothing.

1 long, 3 short Conventional/Extended memory failure

is that what you hear?

well there is about a 3 to 4 sec pause between the first beep and the first beep of the series of 3 beeps.

I tried reseating the ram, but i didnt try to move it to another slot, or i could use a different stick.

im at work at the moment, so ill have to wait a few more hours to try. is it possible i could have ruined the ram?

Just Suggesting that it could be two problems, one beep for DRAM refresh failure and the other three for Base 64K RAM failure.

Just suggesting might be wrong.

when you pulled out the motherboard battery, was the power supply cable still plugged in at the back? because it shouldnt be

Back
Top Bottom