uh oh

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
okay, i dunno what i did, but a while ago, my xp theme (the sleek blue or olive theme) is now not on my computer!
so ive gotten used to windows classic, then got bored as hell,
so
i download a bunch of styles and whatever, and none of the explorer or toolbars are in the style!
i think that it has something to do with this

anyone know how to get it back!?

UPDATE:
here is the error message i get, when i try to open a new theme file on xp
this explains a lot

The theme could not be loaded because the theme service is not running. You can turn the service on in the Computer Management Administrative Tool in the Control Panel.

File: C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\LE5.theme

i dont think u can unless u reinstall, ive tried using themes and they always end up messing my computer up somehow

Are you using windowblinds? If you are this is what you do
Right Click > Properties > Appearence: Then in the top right corner there is a drop down menu called Always use XP taskbar defined in... Well click Disable XP Style Taskbar. Close that window and click apply. Jopefully thats whats worng

wtf is windowsblinds?
ive never heard of that, but could it reverse whats already been done?
if not, im gonna start backing stuff up for reinstallation :(

sk8ngame said:
wtf is windowsblinds?
ive never heard of that, but could it reverse whats already been done?
if not, im gonna start backing stuff up for reinstallation :(
Windowblinds is a program used to for styles and stuff. You could try downloading it and see if that works though.

You shouldn't have to reinstall the whole of windows just because of an error, on many occasion you should be able to recover it by just repairing the installation, which is available when you insert the XP disk.

its a simple as Start>All Programs>Accesories>System Tools>System Restor, if that dosn't work then download window's blind.

Back
Top Bottom