Ubuntu to windows

BF2player

BSOD
I need some help going from ubuntu to windows. Let me first state, that my computer was not bootable and had a BSOD, so I went and downloaded ubuntu, burned the image, and made a bootable cd. Everything worked great and my one hard drive is fine with Ubuntu and the other still believes that windows vista is installed for some reason. Now, I don't have a bootable windows XP CD, I tried to make one with the CD I had, but after 5 different ways to make it, and 5 different burners, i gave up. Also, the cd is not "genuine" you could say.:) That's probably the reason. Anyway, I put my windows xp cd in the cd-rw drive and it says that ubuntu doesn't know how to handle the setup file for windows XP. How do I get around this? Maybe a emulator?

It would help if you post the BSOD error so we know whats causing the problem mate.

I somewhat doubt that. I reformatted everything. Anyway, the error was something along the lines of: missing "something" (some numbers) and then hit enter to continue or another key to do something. Regardless of what i hit, it restarted. Now, can you just tell me how to install windows from ubuntu? My idea was to possibly use Wine to get all the formation done.

Its not that straightforward, you need to install windows first and then ubuntu because if you install windows now then your gonna corrupt the GRUB. But obviously you know best.:)

Dear BF2player,

A BSOD is a hardware problem.

Thank you,
Thel

Not always. It could be driver related. The only reason I went to a hard wire network was because my d-link wireless drivers kept blue-screening me.

Yeah, but there is no way of knowing what the problem is till he posts the stop code. Theres obviously a problem otherwise windows wouldnt have crapped out in the first place. As for doing a windows install in an emulated environment i think i would pass, your just asking for problems then.

Do it the right way, windows first then linux. And if it doesnt work, then sort the problem out that windows is having.

This may seem like a dumb question, but of all the CD burns of XP you've tried, did you try booting off of any of them?

Back
Top Bottom