U3 whats that?

fourarm

Beta member
I just removed U3 from a newly bought 2GB Sandisk USB drive because it was not compatible with my comp. Some error coded 1010 kept on popping up. I said forget about it and googled the removal application. Was that thing important and what is it?

You can technically remove the U3 software from the USB drive. But you removed it properly right? To remove the U3 technology from the drive, you have to go to the U3 Launchpad and, under Settings, select U3 Launchpad settings and click Uninstall. This will completely remove the U3 Launchpad from the drive. Don't just delete it.

Try restoring the U3 again. There is a U3 Launchpad Installer utility that you can use to re-install the U3 Launchpad for your drive.

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/DriverDownloads.aspx

Try that to see if it helps...

......^^^ that could also be a solution. Then, reinstall U3. Does it only happen when a CD or DVD is in your optical drive? Some people from that have that model USB drive have the same 1010 error when you plug it into your PC, but at the same time, there's a CD in the DVD burner. Try removing the media disc and reboot the PC. Then try plugging it in again to see if that stupid error comes back up.

U3 is just a program to help you navigate through the flash drive. It comes with some games/apps and a few other things.

I like it for the password protection. That way I can save my info on that password protect it then copy paste into websites rather then keeping everything on my computer.

Back
Top Bottom