Two video cards

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to use an ATI HD5850 and a GTS250 together in one motherbaord? I want to use the 5850 as the graphics, and the GTS250 as a physx processor if it's possible...

If not, what are my other options? Thanks :)

No this is not possible. They have different cores..and motherboard wouldnt even support it. there is a difference between SLI (NVIDIA ONLY) and CROSSFIRE (ATI ONLY)

you could purchase another GTS250 if your mobo supports sli...or purchase
another ati card and a xfire mobo

It was possible up until about a month ago when Nvidia decided that they would not allow their drivers to work whilst an ATi card acted as the primary graphics accelerator. I think they hoped that this would increase their sales in a tough period for them but instead it just turned more people against them. They haven't been very smart lately...

It was possible up until about a month ago when Nvidia decided that they would not allow their drivers to work whilst an ATi card acted as the primary graphics accelerator. I think they hoped that this would increase their sales in a tough period for them but instead it just turned more people against them. They haven't been very smart lately...

So if I use an old driver it will? It's just temporary until I get another 5850

If you run an old driver package, sure. I'm SURE (in an effort to spite Nvidia) private websites or even big guys like Evga may be releasing modified driver packages. Or they may just be offering older packages.

That's really awesome guys, thanks :D

My main reason I didn't want to shift to ATI is because of no Physx, but this solves all of my problems! Thanks a ton :D

That's really awesome guys, thanks :D

My main reason I didn't want to shift to ATI is because of no Physx, but this solves all of my problems! Thanks a ton :D

No problem. Dont COUNT on it though! You can never be 100% Sure. I'd double check that it's worked for others first :)

Back
Top Bottom