Two power supplies?

im hoping to get another raptor 74GB HDD so i can go with raid 0 and cut my seek time from 4.8 to under 2 at least.

I didn't raid my drives for two reason's. One cause i do alot of webpages. So when im done for the night i unplug my slave and reboot the comp. Playgames and stuff like that. I just can't afford to raid then lose all my info. I think i should just get a USB flash card.

sometimes you may need 2 PSU's BECAUSE U MAY HAVE LOTS OF HDD's but on the other hand u may be using one for when your other supply fooks up then the other just auto kiks in feel what i am saying, dont hook to up unless you have about 50 pc hooking to a server thts why u have 2 PSU for a server.

I'd thought about sticking 2 PS's in a computer once. Perhaps a normal 400watt or so ATX for the system power, then a rather small AT for the case fans. That might be a smart idea if you have power hungry case fans. Use that one PS and a controller just for the fas... Hehe, pointless with how powerful most PS's are, but might be a neat project ;P

Back
Top Bottom